Monday, March 31, 2014

WORDS OF WISDOM SERIES : PART- 4 BY SUMIT BIJAKA


253299_10152055586686917_841435592_n
How many pillars would a 24 storey building require? Though I am not an engineer ,yet I can figure it out. As I press the B button in the OTIS lift of my 24 storey apartment building, it takes me down to the basement parking ,where I can find that approximately 35-40 pillars support the entire structure. Yes, I am talking about the foundation of the building. What if the building was supposed to be a 100 storey one. The figures would change,what else. It would now require more pillars with more strength and depth. These pillars are in a way ,the spinal cord of the building. The dimension of any building can be expressed in these simple terms- Height, being the no. Of storeys : Length & Breadth, being the total area : Depth, being the foundation..

No comments:

Post a Comment